PE and Sports Premium
The Government is providing funding of £150 million per annum from the academic year 2013/14 until 2020 as part of an Olympic legacy fund, to provide ‘new, substantial primary school sport funding’. This funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school headteachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children.
The sport funding is ring-fenced and can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
Buckland St Mary Primary School Vision for PE
Our vision is for all children in the school to experience high quality curriculum-based Physical Education (PE), and for school sport and physical activity that will lead to life-long participation and love for sport.
- To improve the health and wellbeing of pupils at Buckland St Mary Primary School.
- To provide and facilitate high quality opportunities and outcomes in sport.
- To assist each individual child to reach and fulfil their potential including the overcoming of barriers to participation in PE & sport.
- To encourage and stimulate more involvement in physical activity by the children and their families within the wider community.
- To promote lifelong learning, active participation and excellence in sport.
- To raise achievement and support excellence.
How much and what do we spend our funding on?
Details of how the PE funding was spent last academic year, our plans for this year and the impact of the funding, can be found in the document below.
|PE & Sports Premuim||Date|
|BSM PE Spends 2021 2022||16th Aug 2021||Download|
|Sports Premium 2021 22 BSM||11th Jan 2022||Download|
|PE Development Plan 2018/19||19th May 2019||Download|
|BSM 2018-2019 Primary PE and Sport Funding Impact||15th Jul 2019||Download|
|BSM PE Spends 2019 2020||06th Oct 2019||Download|
|BSM PE Spends 2020 2021||15th Jul 2020||Download|